Below are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process for configuring an application to support SAML based Single Sign-On from Okta.
Set Up Application in Okta
- Log in to your Okta organization’s admin account.
- Click on the blue Admin button.
- From here, click on the Add Applications shortcut.
- Click on the green Create New App button from the left-hand menu.
- In the dialog that opens, set the Platform to Web and select the SAML 2.0 option for Sign on method, then click Create.
- For General Settings set the App name and add Circa's logo if necessary, then click Next.
- You will then be redirected to the SAMLSettings dialog box.
- Issuer (Audience URI): https://app.circa.co/saml/metadata?domain=your_email_domain.com
- Assertion Consumer Service URL (Single sign on URL / Destination for SAML response): https://app.circa.co/saml/consume?domain=your_email_domain.com
- Set NameID format to Email Address.
- Add two attribute statements:
- “FirstName” set to user’s first name.
- “LastName” set to user’s last name.
- Click Continue
- Select 'I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app'.
- Select 'This is an internal app that we have created'.
- Click Finish.
- The Sign On section of your newly created SAML application appears.
- Choose View Setup Instructions.
- From this page, copy the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL, Identity Provider Issuer and X.509 Certificate, and send this information to us at [email protected]
Your SSO setup is almost completed. Just allow one business day for us to proceed and your team will be able to use SSO.
Assigning Applications to Workspace Users
Adding people to your Workspace allows them to have their own My Applications page. You can then assign the applications you want to display on this page to a user or a group of users. Read the technical instructions for more information.