Quickly bring your Event Budgets up to speed by importing Expenses. You can create Expenses in one or many Events with a single import.
All of Circa's built-in Expense and Payment fields can be used to create new Expenses via import:
- Event ID (required)
- To get Event ID for an individual event, navigate to the Events Dashboard and enable the Event ID column in the Metadata section of the Add Columns menu.
- Expense Name (required)
- Amount (required)
- Payment Type
- Payment Status
- Payment Status will default to "Unpaid" if no Payment Status column is included in the import file
- Payment Due Date
- Payment Method
- Paid Date
- PO #
- Ref. Code
Imports should be in a CSV spreadsheet format with a row for each Expense and a column header for each field. Here's an example import spreadsheet you can use for reference.
To import a prepared CSV Budget spreadsheet:
- Navigate to Org Reports & Settings > Imports > Expenses.
- Click the blue "Import Expenses" button.
- A window will open that will prompt you to choose a file to upload. Note that only a CSV file can be uploaded.
- Next, map the column headers of your file (on the left) with the correct Circa event fields (on the right).
- Click "Next" once you have all the fields mapped.
- The next page will ask you to confirm that you are ready to import the events. If you're ready, click Import.