Event Statuses and Request Statuses are slightly different, but work together to help you manage the lifecycle of Event Requests.
Event Request Status
Event Requests are received when someone submits an Event Request Form. The Request Status changes when a Request Form Reviewer approves, declines or returns a Request.
These are the different Request Statuses:
- N/A - Events that were not submitted by Request Form.
- New - Requests that have not yet been reviewed.
- Approved - Requests that have been reviewed and approved.
- Declined - Requests that have been reviewed and declined.
- Returned - Requests that have been returned to the respondent for more information by the reviewer.
- Re-submitted - Requests that were returned to the respondent, then updated with more information.
Event Status allows your company to keep track of which events you are committed to doing, considering doing, skipping, or that have been cancelled or postponed.
There are five Event Statuses:
- Committed - Events your company is committed to doing.
- Considering - Events that your company is considering doing, that have not been confirmed or declined.
- Skipping - Events your company has decided not to do.
- Cancelled - Events that have been cancelled by Event Organizers.
- Postponed - Events that have been rescheduled by Event Organizers and do not yet have confirmed dates.
How do Request Status and Event Status work together?
When a Request is submitted, the Request Status is set to New and an event is automatically created with the Event Status set to Considering.
When a Reviewer approves a Request, the Request Status is set to Approved and the Event Status is updated to Committed.
When a Reviewer declines a Request, the Request Status is set to Declined and the Event Status is updated to Skipping.
When a Reviewer returns a Request for more info, the Request Status is not updated and Event Status remains Considering.
A few notes:
- Once a Request has been approved or declined, it is a permanent action and the Request Status cannot be changed later.
- Event Status can be changed at any time.